Friday, July 15, 2011

Revealing the Baby!

I received news that one of my associates was having a baby and they were revealing it in the cutest way.  I modified the idea only a smidge.  I hope you guys like it!:)


The day you go to the doctor to find out you can have them put the gender into an envelop and not tell you. You can take the envelope to a cake decorator and have them make you a pink or blue cake that is to be well sealed. Then have all your friends and family over and when it is time to cut the cake that is when everybody (including you) finds out what you are having. Now if you are just too anxious to find out the party can be for everybody else and you can just know and keep it secret. You can add little party games like have people put blue or pink marbles into two separate jars to vote what they think the gender will be, everybody has to where pink or blue (or green;) to enter. This may be fun to do with sorority colors too.  For example Alpha Kappa Alpha's sorority colors are pink and green. You could do the cake in green versus blue and have the guests wear pink or green to the party.


Congrats to all the mommies to be out there.  My little Jade is due the beginning of August and I wish I was close enough to friends and family to have revealed her gender this way...fun, fun!:)

1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful idea Keia! I'm definitely going to consider this for us! xoxo

    ReplyDelete